Monday, July 14, 2008

Not that hard



It is not hard to please women. 

From an Apostle of the Lord:


"You young men must cultivate a considerate attitude toward women of
all ages. The young women asked me to tell you that they want you to
respect them and show them common, sincere courtesy. Do not hesitate to
show your good manners by opening a door for them, taking the initiative in
inviting them on a date, and standing as they enter a room. Believe it or
not, in this age of equal rights, the young women want you to extend these
simple courtesies."

(M. Russell Ballard, "Purity Precedes Power," Ensign, Nov. 1990, 37)

photo found on flickr
it is from Pride and Prejudice (2005)

1 comment:

Jared said...

1) Opening a door - this is a no brainer, though it's amazing how few ladies even give us a chance, either walking into a building or getting into or out of a car, and I still haven't figured out a smooth way to say 'let me get that for you,' (though probably from a lack of practice...see #2)

2)Taking the initiative in inviting them on a date - also a no brainer, though I'm the first to admit that I don't do this nearly enough (read hardly ever). Ugh, I frustrate myself.

3) Standing as they enter a room - Seriously? Really? I've never gotten the impression that any female wanted me to stand as she entered the room. Ever. It almost seems like it would be patronizing if I were to do that. Any thoughts?