Monday, March 15, 2010

Dover Castle


















And we're back to Europe. So I do an overnight night flight to London and then stay up the day I get there. I slept so hard that night that I didn't hear the knocking on my door to wake me up. Needless to say, I slept half the day away. Once awakened, we ran to Pret-a-Manger (excited they are starting to pop up in the US) to grab lunch. You can't go wrong with anything you get there. We took it on the go and headed out in the cold rain for Dover, UK. The last time I was at Dover Castle it was sunny and warm and we spent a ton of time there exploring all the secret passages and what not. This time it was cold and rainy and since I had slept the day away, we had like a half hour to spend there. Whoops.
But it was still worth it (at least to me, I don't know about Nick).
Dover Castle is from the 1100 AD or so and was used during WWII quite a bit. Read about it here. You'll be a little bit smarter :)

2 comments:

Jeff said...

Whitney, these may be my favorite photos of yours I've seen so far. They make me want to go there! Very nice.

Taryn said...

Beautiful. I can't believe people used to live in places like this!