Saturday, February 28, 2009

"Drove to Chicago, all things go, all things go" - Sufjan Stevens




This is Sue. She is the most complete T-Rex in the world. Fascinating and scary.

Chicago Recap:
- Icy, cold day. wowzers.
- Once Upon a Bagel was a delicious little deli. We had corned beef hash, perfect bagels, and lox. Yum. Oh, and we got 4 pounds(!) of corned beef and 3 giant loaves of rye bread for a landlord who had recommended the place. I loved the food and the customers were fun to watch.
- Weather wise, it was a quintessential Chicago day: cold and flakes of snow drifting down.
- The Field Museum was fun. We saw an exhibit on the Aztecs and "Real Pirates" and of course the animals in every public museum. "Real Pirates" was my favorite. I had to read everything.
- The temperature was inconstant due to a wicked wind.
- Don't ask the cab driver where to eat. Ask the Nordstrom concierge.
- I'm a big baby when it comes to spicy, but I still love Thai curry.
- ESPN Zone for dessert? yes indeed. That place is a man's heaven.
- Some people are very generous. I was with one of them.
- The drive home, without fail, goes by twice as fast as the drive there. Except one time, when I was with a nice lady and her daughter (my friend) and we went 45 mph on the freeway. That was an exceptionally long drive home.

I love cities.

3 comments:

Samantha said...

Bah! I love the field museum! Why were you downtown? Just for fun? You know we live just west of Chicago? Where do you live now?

Whitney Elizabeth said...

Hey Sam! I was in Chicago for fun with a friend. I'm up in Milwaukee, so it's about 2 or so hours away.

Ashton Rodgers said...

I like your T-Rex shots!