Wednesday, February 11, 2009

2nd grade love


Remember the days when you brought Valentines for everyone in your elementary school class?  And they were not really Valentines but things like these Star Wars sayings?  And then you had a party (so sweet!)?  
In second grade, I received a wrapped shoe box from a boy on Valentine's Day. Upon coming home and opening it, I found lots of candy (Toostie Rolls) and a note.   The note: "I love you" in second grader crayon penmanship.  Then below in the corner was small, adult writing: "We are good friends."  I was officially freaked out. The whole box remained hidden under my bed for a few years and I kinda avoided this boy all the way through middle school until we went to different high schools.  Yeah, I'm mature.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

r u fb friends w him?