Sunday, October 19, 2008

Wedding recap

It came.  It rocked.  And the balls of my feet are still killing me.

Things of note:
 
- I didn't recognize Nicole from far away since I haven't seen her in like 6 years.  I said, "That girl looks like one of the twins kind of."  Taryn looked closer and said, "That's Nicole!"  At the end of the night, I didn't want her to leave.
- Becca and I watched the little ones outside the temple.  Nicole's kids were good.  Sammy was cuddly and almost fell slow motion to result in a head meets concrete smash.  I caught him a few inches from reaching that point.  Scary.
- It was a perfect day.
- The dinner the night before took forever, but was super tastey and it was fun to talk to Tracy's family.
- I drove like a crazy person to get the bride and groom to the reception hall from Chicago.  Not until 10 mins away from said hall did I realize the girl following my every move was someone I knew:  the videographer!
- It got cold once the sun went down. 
- Dinner and cake were delish and I was stuffed.
- Lindsay was very smiley and Tracy was excited.
- Bill Sargent Big Band was super fun to dance to.
- Carriage rides were a hit and relaxing.
- We sang a trio, and it was too slow.  Just like the last time we sang it.
- Sammy was the best boy all weekend (even at the fancy restaurant the night before) and was a big trooper.
- My mom and I caught MB walking out of the women's restroom with a tissue.  
"What are you doing?" 
"I didn't realize that was a women's restroom!"
"Ok, we are just at a Women's club and it says 'women's' on it."
"Yes, but I was able to get in and out before the lady came out"

Yeah...

- Kara, my cousin, came!  She lives far away and we never get to see her.  We got to spend all Sunday evening with her and her mother and it was fun.  
- Kara brought us Apple Cider Doughnuts.  I have never had doughnuts like this.  Divine.

There are a million more things I could write.  But I'm done for now.  

Needless to say, I had a blast.  And today I felt like I was hit by a bus.  And my feet are killing me.  And I was able to keep my updo in all through sleeping and wore it to church.  

Lindsay and Tracy and married!

No comments: