Sunday, September 13, 2009

Chris









This is my friend Chris. He moved to my neighborhood in sixth grade - two houses down from a best friend. I was his first table partner at his new school. He was the first person I met who had a metal rod in his arm (I didn't know they did that to people).
We were in orchestra together. Middle school classes. High school classes. Everything.

Music genius at the cello. Rock star on electric bass. Quantum science lover (in eighth grade). Academic decathlon national champion. The kind of guy who barely passed high school because it was so boring for him.

One day he woke up and joined the Marines. He now knows Arabic and dialects of Arabic. He is a linguist for the Marines. They love him.

Turned out to be quite the stud in a uniform.

2 comments:

Tarnation said...

You forgot he runs marathons too.

Taryn said...

Quite a talented and handsome guy.