Monday, April 28, 2008

Tax

Right now we are between tax season and summer. My thoughts turn to a more carefree, younger me. As a family, we would go get the delicious frozen custard that is only the best in Wisconsin. This was usually after a day of boating or a special occasion. I would love to get a cone (my favorite part is right at the bottom where the ice cream has settled) and try and eat it in the hot summer heat.
Well folks, I learned the word "tax" from eating frozen custard. We would all get our cones and then our mom would take big licks off of our delicious treat and simply say, "Tax" or "Tax time" to justify taking what was our hard earned goodness.
And it wasn't until later I learned what she was really doing. That and what she was really doing when she would tell me she needed to "fix" my ice cream if it was starting to melt.
Now I know better. And I know a few tricks myself.

No comments: